Stevan J. Bosses is an experienced mediator, arbitrator, and attorney licensed to practice in New York State Courts and Federal Courts since 1963. Prior to his retirement from the active practice of law in 2006, Mr. Bosses’ practice focused primarily on litigating intellectual property cases including those relating to patents, trademarks, copyrights, unfair competition and trade secrets.
Following his 2006 retirement, Mr. Bosses has mediated numerous disputes in a wide variety of cases including many involving intellectual property disputes. He has also mediated many other types of disputes, including those involving, among others, class action disputes, civil rights disputes, employment disputes, insurance claims disputes, contract disputes and third party beneficiary claims.
Prior to launching his mediation practice Mr. Bosses had extensive mediation training including programs given by WIPO (World Intellectual Property Organization), the CPR Center for Dispute Resolution and the New York State Supreme Court, Commercial Division.
In addition to his mediation practice, Mr. Bosses has an active arbitration practice. Before his retirement he was counsel to parties to arbitrations and was an expert witness in an arbitration. He is also an arbitrator for the Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (FINRA) and has arbitrated a number of FINRA cases.
• The United States District Court for the Eastern District of New York
• The United States District Court for the Northern District of New York
• United States Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit
• United States Bankruptcy Court for the Southern District of New York
• Commercial Division of the Supreme Court of the State of New York
• New York State Bar Association
• New York Intellectual Property Law Association (NYIPLA)
• American Intellectual Property Law Association (AIPLA)
• New York State Dispute Resolution Association (NYSDRA)